Thursday 11 April 2024

Ardo's Family Found!

I took the serpent to Kassau, laden with my goods and trinkets. I took the Lady Ira with me, for she wanted to buy some fine cloth. We wandered the markets there and I stumbled upon two of the greatest treasures...

The greatest treasure a man can ever have... 

...His family.

There behind the potter's wheel was none other than my sister Maeve!

You can imagine my joy at finding my lost sister, a sister I thought dead - slain by the vile kurii as they raided our village of Sotvann.

She also believed I was dead, slain by the stinking beasts; but I had been knocked senseless and awoke after the evil beasts had killed all. I thought my beloved sister and my only child had been killed and eaten.

All were killed and eaten...

Save Maeve and...

My darling daughter Ana!

Both sail as we speak, they arrive as soon as wind and tide permits.

I am beside myself with joy!

My dear friend and warrior Mamut saved them, but died from his wounds. I know he now sits in Valhalla, above the salt on the Allfather's table, among all the greatest heroes.

Ardo beats his chest and howls praise to Odin and Mamut.

Blood and steel!

My daughter is now a young woman, proud and free, kept so by the love and labour of my sister.









No comments:

Post a Comment